1 Pound of fresh squid
1 Pound of Bomba rice (about 2 cups) Brand El Avion *Available on website
¼ Cup of extra virgin olive oil *Available on website
4 Cups of fish stock or water
1 Cup of white wine
2 Cloves of garlic
1 Red Pepper
1 Branch of parsley
4 Sachets of squid ink Brand Espinaler *Available on website
- Clean the squid and slice them into circles.
- Chop all the vegetables (onion, red pepper and garlic) and sauté in extra virgin olive oil in the paella pan for about 10 minutes over medium high heat. (This cooked mix of veggies is called sofrito)
- Add the squid and cook for another 5 minutes with the sofrito.
- Add the rice and the squid ink and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add the white wine and allow the alcohol to evaporate.
- Cover the rice with the hot fish stock or hot water and cook for about 18-20 min. For the first 5 to 8 minutes cook the paella over high heat and for the remainder of time it should be cooked over low heat.
- Finally, turn off the paella and cover it with a kitchen cloth. It should rest while covered for 5 minutes. Once ready, garnish with chopped parsley. Que aproveche!