1 Pound of fresh shrimp
400 grs of Noodles Number 4 (this is a short, 1 inch noodle)
¼ Cup of extra virgin olive oil *Available on website
5 Cups of fish stock
1 Cup of white wine
2 Cloves of garlic
1 Red Pepper
½ Cup of tomato paste
1 Sachet of Paella Seasoning Brand El Avion *Available on website
Salt and Pepper
- Clean the shrimps and set aside.
- Chop all the vegetables (onion, red pepper and garlic) and sauté in extra virgin olive oil in the paella pan for about 10 minutes over medium high heat. (This mix of cooked veggies is called sofrito)
- Add the tomato paste and white wine and allow the alcohol to evaporate. Cook for another 5 minutes with the sofrito.
- In a different pan lightly brown the noodles with some olive oil.
- Add the toasted noodles and the sachet of paella seasoning to the paella pan and sauté.
- Cover the with the hot fish stock and cook for about 10 For the first 5 to 8 minutes cook the fideuá over high heat and for the remaining time it should be cooked over low heat.
- Finally, place your raw shrimp on top of the fideuá and put it in a preheated oven for five minutes using the broiler option at 480 degree F. Que aproveche!