4 Potatoes (about ½ pound)
1 Celery stick diced
½ Red onion diced
1 Shallot diced
2 Medium Carrots
2 Tablespoons of minced sweet and sour pickles
200 ml of mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons of mustard
1 Can of Ventresca Brand Espinaler *Available on website
1 Can of bonito del norte Brand Espinaler *Available on website
3 Piquillo peppers
1 branch of parsley
- Clean the potatoes (leave the skin on) and peel the carrots. To a pot of water add one tablespoon of salt and bring to a low boil, then add the potatoes and carrots to cook for 25 minutes or until they are tender, making sure they have a firm texture.
- Make two hard-boiled eggs
- Once the potatoes, carrots and eggs are cooked let everything cool down. Then peel the potatoes and eggs.
- Cut the piquillo peppers lengthwise and cut the potatoes, eggs and carrots into ½ inch cubes.
- Combine the potatoes, eggs and carrots in a large bowl. In another bowl mix the mayonnaise, mustard, onion, shallot, celery, pickles and can of bonito el norte (with the olive oil drained). Pour this sauce over the vegetables and gently combine everything.
- To plate: Serve the amount of desired potato salad, open the can of tuna ventresca and place pieces of the ventresca on top of the salad, alongside slices of the piquillo peppers. (We personally use the olive oil from the can of ventresca and drizzle some on top of the salad).
- Garnish with a parsley leaves and picos. Que aproveche!